Some post-modern chump fumbling his way through the void.

Monday, June 12, 2006

click click wheerrrrrr wherrrrrrrzz click click


Yep. it's my job. I could probably figure out a way to make the computer do it automatically. But then, I would have no involvement what's so ever. I would just stare at the screen, as it pulled up a window, then to the print dialog box, and in a split second enter in the number 2 and then wait for printer bar would come up, and then again, and then again. I suppose that might be alright. It reminds me of the book the player piano. That kind of creeps me out. It might be kind of interesting even, to figure out how to write the little program that will print out two copies of every file in a folder. But thats just it. It would be a half hour of interesting followed by... what exactly. Watching the computer do it itself? I guess that would give me time to get up and do some filling or some other remedial task that the computer can't do for me yet. That would be more efficent. Now I'm reminded of the movie BIG with Tom Hanks in it. The part when he gets his job doing data entry. He sits down and starts typing as fast as he can, and the guy next to him tells him to pace himself, that he will get everyone fired if he goes too fast. Yep, don't want to work myself out of a job right? oh screw it, I guess I'll just figure out the program. It might make me look good right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Last time I checked, companies appreciated innovative thinking and problem solving. I know my company does. I would imagine that you would turn some heads if you made your job that much more efficient.

11:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mightn't you downsize yourself if you do that? Please don't do that because I really like having internet at home, and I can't afford it on my own.

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home