Some post-modern chump fumbling his way through the void.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Scooters and Pine Trees



So, I meant to do this a long time ago. I got a metropolitan scooter. The picture isn’t actually my scooter. It’s of a scooter that is just like mine. I found the scooter that I did buy on Craig’s List. I bought it for $900 dollars from a guy about my age. He was really skinny and said that he used it to go to the arts Denver art school and back. In his living room was a fake Christmas tree that was missing its decorations. It’s strange how that happens to some people. They begin something, and then months latter; it’s still there. I wonder when he will notice it again. Maybe when it gets really hot in his living room. Will he then look up and think, man its hot in here, why is there a fake pine tree in my living room? Just after he put the ornaments box back into the closet, the tree must have fallen off into oblivion. The way small tiles appear to disappear when you unblinkingly stair at a tiled floor for a really long time. All the tiles bend together, making one big empty field. After fully comprehending this Cristmass tree in his liveingroom in april, I started to worry, maybe I have a fake pine tree in my liveing room too.

So, in spite of his inability to finish things, he sold me the scooter. The scooter is really great. I peeled the fantasy stickers off that the previous owner put on it and it looks as good as new. It only takes a gallon of gas at a time. That gallon usually lasts me almost two weeks. When I ride it I feel like I’m on a really fast bicycle that I don’t have to exert myself on at all. It’s like going down hill all the time, which happens to be my favorite part of riding a bike. The only downfall is the noise. While bikes are almost completely silent, the scooter is not.

Anyway, that’s my new scooter. I recommend it to anyone.

9 Comments:

Blogger Blackpetunia said...

I've looked at those, they're really cute. I want one so bad....What color is yours?

11:33 AM

 
Blogger Aaron said...

What are the stats - displacement, power, top speed?

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Josh said...

It can go 40 if Im going down hill. It averages 30-35. Mine is an older one (2002). Its orange and white. I like the older ones because the fenders are colored and the middle is white. The new ones the opposite is true. Small detail. I would really like to get a vespa stella though. But they are $3,000. Thats more then I payed for my car!

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Ted said...

50 CC, si?

I saw it, looks sharp.

The wife wants one real bad, but my buddy is in a club and will berate me if I get anything less than 150... and yeah, the "demand" portion of the "supply and demand" equation (i.e. greasy ska hipsters)have driven up the cost to ridiculous amounts, even on (ESPECIALLY on) the used ones.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger locomocos said...

no - we don't have a christmas tree in the living room. you took it down christmas eve when i was in PA.

10:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you took the tree down. But it left some poon cones behind. Please clean those up. They gross me out.

3:53 PM

 
Blogger Josh said...

Poon cones ARE gross! Its hard to believe that they are the quintessential Christmas artifact. How did that happen?

4:14 PM

 
Blogger Ted said...

They're giving a Genuine Scooter Co. (they make the Stella) Buddy 125 away at Lipgloss tomorrow.

I, for one, will be there.

1:35 PM

 
Blogger Josh said...

But thats where you find the best poon cones. You know, it's all in the classic holiday song:

Poon cones roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping on your nose,
You can find the best poon cones in a gutter,
And make sure to squish them with your toes.

I love that song.

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home